Sunday, April 14, 2013

Book Review: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

                                                        *There Will be Spoilers*
 I finished this book Friday! I L.O.V.E.D. it! I think I like it even better than the first!
The Two Towers starts with Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas searching for Pippin and Merry. The whole part III is about them. (Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, Pippin and Merry, and Gandalf.)
This book does have a little more violence in it than the first one did. But to me, that made it all the more interesting.
A favorite part of mine would be when Pip and Merry meet Treebeard. Treebeard is basically a talking, walking tree.
In part IV we meet again with Frodo and Sam. I REALLY enjoyed part IV! You get to (for a while) meet a better side of Gollum (a.k.a. Smeagol). It shows that deep down, I think, that he really would like to be nice, but with the temptation of his Precious (the Ring) it just doesn't happen. He leads them to the Black Gate of Mordor, and then tells them they shouldn't go that way, that he has a secret way. But truthfully, all though his secret way might work, he led them this way, to trap them. To give them to Shelob a giant spider, whom he had promised food. She stings Frodo, while Sam is fighting Gollum. Sam, beliving Frodo is dead takes the rings and trys to go to Mt. Doom alone. He then overhears some Orcs and puts on the ring, and follows them. He learns that Frodo isn't dead and the book basically ends here.
My favorite characters would have to be:
Aragorn, Legolas, Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin, Gandalf and Treebeard.
If you haven't read this book, I recommend that you do! It's amazing! I've starte The Return of the King and already love it! So look out for a review on that one maybe next weekend!



P.S. I see that my favicon is finally working :D







Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment